How To Listen
You can listen here on the site or subscribe by clicking below or searching for Interesting If True on your podcast service of choice.
ABOUT THE INTERESTING IF TRUE
Interesting If True is a comedy podcast that tells stories, debunks nonsense, takes quizzes, plays games, and generally tries to have a good time.
Each week a new host is chosen from our crew of pod-friends. They choose the style of the show, present the primary segment, and decide the theme or topic of the episode if anyone else is presenting. The goal is to keep other content like discussions, games, or the weekly Patreon exclusive segment on the same track.
Other Places To Find Us
Aaron recently joined Dustin on episode 426 of Atheist Nomads.
This week we talk about the colonial and post-colonial destabilizing of Africa as we move closer to the modern Pentecostal and Evangelical takeover. In the news we have religious right conspiracy theorists, a win on vaccine religious exemptions, wellness and misinformation, the Reformed Church’s attempt to avoid schism and more.
- The feedback form is at atheistnomads.com/contact
- Leave us voice message at atheistnomads.com/speakpipe
- Support the show at atheistnomads.com/donate
- Subscribe at atheistnomads.com/subscribe
- Join our Discord server at atheistnomads.com/discord
Dustin’ off the Degree
The Scrambling of Africa
- The Scramble for Africa
- Intentional unstable boarders
- Destabilizing decolonization
- Welcome to the 3rd World
- Dictatorship, civil wars, apartheid, land and wealth redistribution
- Rwandan Genocide and Congo Wars
- Malaria and HIV
- Malaria is estimated to suppress 33% of GDP across sub-Saharan Africa.
- HIV crossed to humans from SIV through bush meat harvest and processing and spread initially through syphilis infested brothels in the Belgian Congo.
- Current HIV Rates are 4.9% across all of sub-Saharan Africa and as high as 26% is Eswatini.
- Right wing election conspiracy theorist blames Biden’s election on Satan
- “Prophetess”: My 1,000,000-Angel Army Will Stop “Critical Race Theory” in School
- Judge Tosses Lawsuit from Religious Workers Suing Over Maine’s Vaccine Mandate
- The dark side of wellness: the overlap between spiritual thinking and far-right conspiracies
- The Reformed Church in America moves toward restructuring, prepares for departures
- A Pastor Who Raped and Impregnated a 14-Year-Old Girl Will Face No Jail Time
- At least 6 Hindus men killed, temples vandalized in Bangladesh violence
- Rich via the website
- Christiner Via Facebook
This episode is brought to you by:
- Henry K
- Pat Acks from the Humanists of Idaho
- Big Easy Blasphemy
- Darryl G
- Arthur K
- Samuel C
- Beatriz A
- Erik from Wyoming
- Levi C
- Richard G
- Steve F
- Brad R
And by our $1 patrons and those who want no reward.
Contact information, show notes, and links to Social Media and the like can be found at https://atheistnomads.com
Theme music is provided by Sturdy Fred.
Thanks to Dustin for hosting an… Interesting… discussion! Again, check them out at AtheistNomads.com or subscribe directly to their show using the buttons in the player.
Each week Interesting If True presents a show centered around a topic chosen by one of our hosts and presented to the rest. Sometimes one of the other hosts will help out and present the patron story of the week. You can count of thee voices but will often hear four, and when the stars align, we’re joined by Big Gay Jim for a fabulous full house!
Two “n”‘s. Socials.
When you support Interesting If True by subscribing at Patreon.com/iit for as little as a buck a show, you help us keep the lights on, upgrade the studio (which in turn upgrades your media!), but most importantly it gives us the ability to support great causes like Wyoming AIDS Assistance, The Trevor Project, and Modest Needs.