In This Week’s Show, episode 101, Aaron starts off the next hundred episodes strong by forgetting to write a boilerplate…
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while The Great A’Tuin hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying their patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson
Porn sites should enable sorting by the number of people who left the website after watching the video.
Jenn’s Actual Lesson
It’s episode 101 and in honor of that and our esteemed guests from Atheism 101, did you know that both Matt and Tim have books of the New Testament named after them?
And I’m Tim, and I’m really hoping we are actually seeing the fall of Drumph, cause if grabbing someone by the pussy is acceptable for the commander and chief I may have to move Canada. Aaron, do you know anyone who can help with that? Some sort of underground maple syrup highway?
And I’m Matt, hi everyone, oops sorry for that last comment. Just don’t want to offend anyone. Also, Tim its Underground Railroad, not “highway.” I want to make sure everyone is clear on what you meant there.. cause excuse my throat monster there. What was I talking about??
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Peanut Butter Porter | Liquid Mechanics Brewing Co.
Donated By: Chad
- BA Link:
- BA Rating:
- Aaron: –
- Jenn: –
- Shea: –
- Steve: –
- Tim’s Beer – 8.5 –
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
Foundation Beyond Belief is Raising Funds to Help Hurricane Matthew Victims – http://bit.ly/2datB9u
Donate here: http://bit.ly/2dNXgDr
Congratulations to friend of the show and brewer Ben!
You might remember him from the first homemade beer we reviewed, and the first beer we all gave a perfect score! Looks like he just won’t First Place for his IPA This is NOT Puzzle In A Thunderstorm IPA! That’s pretty awesome, keep up the great work!
We have two new patrons to thank this week.
Of course, we want to thank all of our patrons, but this week most awesomest people… And also a podcast… Are:
- Claude Savagely (maybe the best pseudonym ever)
- Secular Yakking (?)
- Ed The magical awesome horse!
Holy Mugs of Brew Batman!
William the Great – but like, really great, not the British nutter – sent us an amazing gift for our 100th episode! He sent us some amazing mugs with our names on them! They’re fucking amazing, thank you so much!
Shea went the Great American Brew Fest!
And he brought back a beer!
And he bought be a ring… aww, I’mma make a great wife one… wait a minute…
This is our 101st episode — we’re gonna get as much outta this +100 as we can folks — and we’re not above a bit of numerology, so we’ve got special guests Matt & Tim from Atheism 101. You might remember them from such guest appearances as Episode 33 when Tim talked about that thing, or Episode 44 when Matt made that killer joke, or Episode 91 when we made them visibly upset by drinking too much and fucking off while they tried to edumacate us… Ahhh high school… [cough] Guys, great to have you!
Basic Bitch – Something Brewing
Donated By: Shea
- BA Link:
- BA Rating:
- ABV: 6.4%
- Aaron: 2
- Jenn: 4
- Shea: 6
- Steve: 2
Atheism 101 with Matt & Tim
The Elvis’s love beer – http://bit.ly/2dat5Z0
- BrewDog Brewery in Ellon, Scotland was ordered to change the name of their grapefruit IPA.
- The ale, called Elvis IPA, came to the attention of the Elvis Presley estate who ordered them to change the name of it
- The owners, who are pretty well known in Great Britain, James Watt and Mark Dickie, responded by both changing their first names to … Elvis.
- James said: “We’re caught in a trap and suggest the grey-suited hound dogs at the Presley Estate recognize that the name Elvis is not exclusive. So in an effort to patch it up, we’ve changed our names to highlight our burning love for the best grapefruit IPA out there.
- “From this point forward, Elvis Juice is named after us, the brewers formerly known as James and Martin. We may even file a case against Mr. Presley for using our names on all his records without our written permission.”
- Mark added: “We would like to recommend that the Presley Estate diverts its attention to another potential source of quick remuneration, a brewery that calls itself ‘The King’ of beer.”
Skeptical Patreon Headline: We talked recently about how it’s a terrible idea to attempt to raise a very small child as a vegan. Well, we have here a story about the consequences. – http://cbsloc.al/2davlQ9
- Elizabeth Hawk of Fayette County, Pennsylvania is facing charges of endangering the welfare of a child for starving and failing to treat her 11-month old son.
- Hawk, who follows a strict vegan diet and who sometimes imposed her extreme views on family members was feeding the boy only fruit and nuts, and not enough of that.
- The boy was taken by his father, Clay, (who is estranged from Elizabeth) to a hospital when his sister-in-law found the boy had a severe rash that the mother blamed on allergies.
- The physician who examined the boy said not treating the rash was inhumane and the child was at a failure to thrive level due to malnourishment leaving him developmentally delayed.
- The boy is now living with his father and doing “great”, but the results of the developmental delay may not be known for years.
Thousands of people protesting can make a difference – http://bit.ly/2dawEyc
- Poland’s ruling Law and Justice Party had backed a bill which would have imposed a blanket ban on abortion
- The bill was brought before parliament by a citizen’s initiative which received at least the 100K signatures
- The prime minister, Beata Szydlo, and the PiS leader had supported the proposals
- About 30K people boycotted work and classes last Monday to protest against the proposals
- Poland still has extremely strict laws regarding abortion which allow it only in cases of rape, incest, severe fetal abnormalities or risk to the mother’s life.
This Week’s Stories
5 Random Gods Quiz!
I realize by the time this airs that something else godawful will have come out of Trump’s gaping maw, but I want to quickly address the latest, ‘grabbing by the pussy’ recordings and the apologists that have crawled out of the woodwork. To any and everyone who is using Bill Clinton’s affairs as an excuse to Trumps atrocious treatment of women: consent is a thing and he isn’t running for President. And my favorite meme, that the women who eagerly read 50 Shades of Grey are now upset at Trump’s use of “naughty words” …grrr… if you seriously think that it’s the use of the word ‘pussy’ that we are so upset about, just go ahead and vote for Trump. You are too fucking stupid to talk at.
Next Week’s Beer
Chubna | Oskar Blues Grill & Brew
Provided by: Chad
Faith In Humanity Restored
- Cops Attend ‘Take Your Dad To School’ Event For Boy Whose Father Died – http://bit.ly/2dE4ucQ
- A 44-year-old British man may be the first person ever to be cured of HIV – http://bit.ly/2datpHq
Bonus Cat Video
- Bill Maher Monologue – http://bit.ly/2dauizr
- Robert De Niro on Trump: “I’d like to punch him in the face” – http://bit.ly/2daur6e
- Christian mom infuriated, tearful after hearing Hip Hop song, which she then recites in full (Update: remixes!) – http://bit.ly/2datieK
Socials & Info