Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Blubrry | TuneIn | RSSIn this week’s show, episode 106, we have to talk about the fucking election because of fuck. Fuck! Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Fenrir, the Norse wolf-god of Destruction, hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying his patience! Shea’s Life Lesson This week I learned that vitamin C is Spanish for vitamin yes. Jenn’s Actual Lesson Did you know the Inuits believed in reincarnation? The goddess Pana supposedly cared for the souls until there were born again (but not, ya know, in that Christian way). Crystal from Literally, A Podcast
- Web: http://www.literallyapodcast.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/lapctwits
- iTunes: http://apple.co/2eIm5n2
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/2fj6NRN
This Week’s BeerAlaskan Amber Alt Style Ale BA Link: http://bit.ly/2eT4Dbf
- BA Rating: 82
- Style: Altbier
- ABV: 5.3%
- Aaron: 8
- Jenn: 7
- Shea: 10
- Steve: 8
- Jim: 8
This Week’s ShowRound Table Discussion We have a new patron, Cervantes, renowned writer of Don Quixote, which in today’s USA seems especially poignant. This week we’ve got Big Gay Jim on to talk about the Trumpocolypse. Voicemail Hello, Wrathful studios. This is Dr. Hannibal Lecter. I wanted to express my appreciation for your tasteful reviews and to give a message to Aaron. I understand that you’re upset that you have no fans, but you must remember that fan is short for fanatic and Aaron you have a fan in me to talk. Up note from Jim…
HeadlinesThree convicted in Quebec’s Massive Maple Malfeasance. http://bit.ly/2fydaUm
- Richard Valliéres, called a ringleader, and his father, Raymond Vallières, and Étienne St-Pierre, a maple syrup buyer from Kedgwick, N.B. were convicted for selling $18.7M in syrup in 2012.
- 3000 tons of maple syrup was stolen from a Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers warehouse
- 26 people arrested in connection with the heist
- Richard Vallières was found guilty of theft, fraud, and trafficking stolen goods.
- It’s not over, though, another five accused will stand trial in January.
- Since 1962 Labatt workers in Edmonton, were allotted 52–12-packs a year as part of their benefits package (in the form of a pre-loaded gift card)
- Upon retirement, that perk was continued for life (and even continued on for the spouse when the worker died)
- Labatt, which is now owned by Belgian InBev (400 beer brands, $55B in annual revenue), decided to review the policy as a cost-cutting move
- Molson made a similar cut in 2009, siphoning off its beer allotment to 2,400 retirees, the company estimated it would save just over $1 million a year.
This Week’s StoriesJim’s story on the Trumpocalypse http://bit.ly/2fZYcok Comes from Jim! And from John Pavlovitz’s blog “Stuff That Needs to be Said” http://bit.ly/2fy1TDq Where’s the irony? He’s a minister Hells Hospital from Crystal!
Next Week’s BeerApocalypse IPA 10 from 10 Barrel Brewing Co.
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2fyafer
- BA Rating: 87
- Style: American IPA
- ABV: 6.8%
Faith In Humanity RestoredHershey Filled This Student’s Car With Thousands Of Kit Kats After His Got Stolen http://on.wfmy.com/2fyakyu National Candy Day may have been Friday, but one student at Kansas State University will be celebrating candy for the next several months. Minnesota Elects First Somali-American Female Legislator http://ti.me/2fya5DY
Bonus Cat Video
- Fusion energy explained - http://bit.ly/2fB6LYC
- Voting From The ISS - http://bit.ly/2fB6GEj
- How The Sandwich Was Invented - http://bit.ly/2enoa7T
- If Congress Was Your Coworker - http://bit.ly/2g3ditQ
Join The DiscussionWe’d love to hear from you! To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes or Stitcher!
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/1VEhtx2
- Voicemail: (513) 760–0463