In this week’s show, the Furred Reich launches its new minister approved, homoerotic dating app — Gundr!
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Zoroaster hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying his patience!
Not sure who this Zoroaster feller is? Well, he’s not a horse riding, sword fighting hero of the people — he’s actually kind of a douche. Find out more at http://atheism101podcast.com
Shea’s Life Lesson
This week I learned that if you make eye contact with someone at the
urinal, ease the tension with just three simple words: “ Hey, cool
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Lagunitas: Brown Shugga Ale
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2knHOAd
- BA Rating: 90
- Style: American Strong Ale
- ABV: 9.8
- Aaron: 2
- Shea: 1
- Steve: 0
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
Matt the Amazing from Atheism 101 is
joining us for Roundtable this week!
New patron Zach is a bad ass!
And if you want to rock all the abs like Zach make sure you check out or
longer shows at http://patreon.com/w4w
5-star review by: David the Oxford (United States)
The third review, thanks again for being the best podcast. I rate
podcast like most things in life. “Would I drink a beer with this
person or with these people”, and the answer is an overwhelming “yes”.
Keep up the great work and for the love of beer, y’all get healthy. I
don’t like beer but still, like this podcast
by: BB_Spiky (United Kingdom)
A group of like-minded friends sit and put the world to rights over a
beer. Love the podcast and the interplay between them. Cheers!
David the “Ox” – Raised a challenge responding to Jenn’s mention that
since we live at altitude, we can likely out-drink our sea-level living
listeners. He also sent a really nice photo with of he and his wife.
“I am responding to your challenge about being able to drink more
when y’all visit the reason con. Something about the altitude or some
nonsense like that. Well, challenge accepted. Bring it on.”
This heavy drinker (Thinker?) then proceeded to show us a whole bunch of
the beers he was drinking. We have our work cut out for us at ReasonCon.
Another message from Josh saying,
“Loving episode 117, listening to it while getting ready for work. I
have to say, I love the constantly changing backgrounds. Who is in
charge of that edit? A Beautiful touch.”
The best new dating app in the whole wide world –
- By the time you hear this, you can get new dating app, Hater
- It matches couples, not by their common likes, but rather by their
- User are shown thousands of public figures, activities or concepts\
(Taylor Swift, Paying for extra Guac, fedoras, butt selfies, etc.)
- If you hate something, swipe down. Love it, swipe up. Left/Right =
- As you dislike things, the app is building a profile of you to match
you with like haters in beta for iOS, Android later in the spring
Trump in porn? Hard to believe it’s taken this long –
- Porn site, xHamster, who we’ve mentioned before, is looking for
- They’ve been hunting for just the right actor with dead gopher hair
and tiny hands \
and I’m assuming a tiny cock
- Looking since November, they’ve now narrowed the search to the final
Site user get to vote on the best with the winner to be announced in
the next 3 months (first 100 days)
- In what’s perhaps an overstatement they said,
“There is nothing more that the American public needs that quality
adult content parodies to help them understand the ever-shifting
landscape of their Executive Branch of government.”
“The ability to harness both Trump’s complete understanding of all
issues without any actual knowledge of an issue is also an optional
House votes stupidly, again, and not for the last time (probably this
week) – http://cnn.it/2kO3q8V
- US House voted 235-180 this week to repeal Social Security
Administration regulation meant to prevent people with severe mental
illness from buying guns
- The regulation required the SSA to disclose to the national gun
background check system info about people with mental illness
specifically, information about those who are considered incapable
of managing their own disability benefits due mental illness
- Rep. Kevin Brady (idiot Republican from Texas) said,
“The Social Security Administration not only overstepped its mission
with this regulation, it discriminated against certain Americans with
disabilities who receive Social Security benefits. The agency should
be focused on serving all of its beneficiaries, not picking and
choosing whose Second Amendment rights to deny.”
- The NRA-backed bill is expected to sail through the senate.
This Week’s Stories
Shea’s Patreon Story – http://patreon.com/w4w
Church of England apologizes after trainee priest gives service in
Polari – http://bbc.in/2kNYSPX
- The service at the chapel of Westcott House in Cambridge was to
commemorate LGBT history month by doing the service in the
antiquated gay slang language of Polari. The congregation was told
the use of the lexicon was an attempt to “queer the liturgy of
- Polari is thought to have originated in Victorian London but fell
out of use as homosexuality began to be decriminalized in England in
- While they had been given permission to hold a service to
commemorate LGBT history month, a Church of England source said the
college chaplain had not seen the wording of the service.
- The translation was based on the Polari bible, a work compiled as a
project in 2003 by the self-styled Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
- Polari is a form of cant slang used in Britain by some actors,
circus and fairground showmen, merchant navy sailors, criminals,
prostitutes, and the gay subculture.
- A cant (or cryptolect) is the jargon or argot of a group, often
employed to exclude or mislead people outside the group.
- An Old Testament reading from the Prophet Joel which says “rend your
heart and not your garments, return to the Lord your God” was
printed in Polari as “rend your thumping chest and not your frocks –
and turn unto the Duchess your Gloria: for she is bona and
- Instead of the traditional “Glory be to the father, and to the son,
and the Holy Spirit” the prayer offered was: “Fabeness be to the
Auntie, and to the Homie Chavvie, and to the Fantabulosa Fairy”.
- Services in the Church of England are legally required to be
conducted using the church’s approved liturgy. The principal of
Westcott House, the Rev Canon Chris Chivers, said the liturgy of the
service had not been authorized for use.
- He said
“I fully recognize that the contents of the service are at variance
with the doctrine and teaching of the Church of England and that is
hugely regrettable.”Inevitably for some members of the house, this
caused considerable upset and disquiet and I have spoken at length to
those involved in organizing the service.”I will be reviewing and
tightening the internal mechanisms of the house to ensure this never
The Furred Reich: The truth about Nazi furries and the alt-right –
- People who dress up as animals are adopting Nazi-style iconography
and calling themselves “alt-furry”.
- 29-year-old Foxler Nightfire of Fort Collins Co. has faced a torrent
of online abuse after posting a picture of himself dressed as a fox
on the social network Twitter.\
furries – people who dress up as animals, occasionally for sexual
purposes – often face criticism, but this time it is something other
than Foxler’s fur-suit (known as a “fursona” – fur persona)\
On his left arm, he is wearing a red armband, emblazoned with a
white circle, in which sits a black symbol
- “It’s obviously not a swastika,” claims Foxler – who also insists
his furry name is a portmanteau of “Fox” and his real surname,
“Miller”, not “Hitler”, as many online argue. Foxler says he first
began wearing the armband – which features a paw print in place of a
swastika – after he dropped out of high school and started playing
the online role-playing game Second Life, in which the band was
available as a character accessory.
“I didn’t take any consideration because of my lack of World War Two
knowledge,” he says. “I don’t think I could ever take it off at this
point, it’s so ingrained into my character, my fursona.”
- Foxler has made on YouTube, in which he says “I hate black people”
and “I stand by Hitler”.
- Foxler admits he made these comments but tells me he was just
“When people started calling me out a few years ago, I started to
troll real Nazis and see how would they react to furry that aligns
with them,” he says over Twitter. “What I got out of it was ‘go die
you mutt’, reason I could never support people like that.” I ask him,
does he hate black people?
“Their [sic] two parts to that one, in my normal day life not at
all,” he says.”But in my personal sexual life ‘I don’t like any race’,
which means I wouldn’t sleep with black man [sic]. Now my boyfriend is
mix black/Asian. I sleep with him just fine, when I was young I use
[sic] to be anti-gay. So why the change? It’s because he [sic] not a
‘human’; to me when I look at him. He [sic] a blue wolf.”
- In 2005, a LiveJournal page was created for those who were both
furries and fetishised Nazi uniforms. Since then the group has
spread, with illustrations and roleplays across the internet. There
is now even an erotic novel, The Furred Reich, available to buy on
“There is not one thing that people refer to when they say
‘#AltFurry’,” says Qu Qu, a man in his late twenties who identifies
as a “Pooka” (a shapeshifter) and considers himself the leader of the
“I rule with an iron fist and crush dissenters beneath
“The furry ‘community’ is a fandom that has been overrun by liberal
‘tolerance’ and ‘acceptance’ and as aresultit’s becomesanctuaryto
hardcorepaedophilesand people with serious mental problems,” he
claims. “The furry fandom needs to become more vigilant, and having a
right wing is a big part of that.”
Next Week’s Beer
Donated by German Dennis
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2kO6cLu
- BA Rating: 91
- Style: Marzen
- ABV: 5.4%
Faith In Humanity Restored
Scientists Open Their Labs to Colleagues Stranded by Trump’s
Immigration Ban –
- More than 380 people have signed a list volunteering their
facilities to American-based researchers who are stuck outside the
- Jürgen Kleine-Vehn, a plant scientist based in Austria, had just
read about the story of Samira Asgari, one of many Iranian
scientists affected by President Trump’s executive order banning
citizens of seven redominantly Muslim countries from entering the
U.S. On Saturday, Asgari was headed to Boston to start a
postdoctoral fellowship on tuberculosis, but was prevented from
boarding a plane in Frankfurt. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of
scientists have been similarly affected, as I reported on Sunday.
“I cannot believe what is happening,” Kleine-Vehntweeted.
- After talking to Nordborg, Maria Leptin, the director of the
European Molecular Biology Organization, decided to collate the
offers of help.
“I felt that words are one thing, but we need deeds,” she says. “I
thought: Let’s get people together and do it in a big way.” And EMBO
was the perfect organization for it; it’s a prestigious network of
European biologists, and one of its goals is specifically to “enable
international exchange between scientists.”
- On Tuesday evening, EMBO launched the Science Solidarity List—a
register of “scientists offering temporary bench or desk space,
library access and possibly even accommodation for U.S.-based
scientists who have stranded abroad,” due to Trump’s executive
order. It’s like a Craigslist for the marooned.
- Most are based in Europe, but others are offering lab space in
Canada, Israel, Australia, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Singapore,
India, Brazil, and China.
“This has obviously struck a nerve,” says Leptin. “[The immigration
ban] contravenes anything that science stands for, the international
spirit of science. We feel sorry for the scientists who are affected,
and all the labs in the U.S. who don’t want this.”
Find out more at
Bonus Cat Videos
- Richard Branson Vs Barack Obama – Kitesurfing! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqhw8kxVd2o
- Stanford students recreate 5,000-year-old Chinese beer recipe – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypenv68qt5s
- Bill Nye Saves The World | Trailer [HD] | Netflix –https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-_HKOcYBK8
- Marvel’s Iron Fist | NYCC Teaser Trailer [HD] | Netflix –https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63oQgR0vAuU
Cat Videos Of Cats
- Kitten Versus Robotic Dog & Adult Cat –
- Case of the Mondays Cats Funny Pet Video Compilation 2017 –
- Conversations You Have With Your Cat – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GomSxp98H-M
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes or Stitcher!