- 0:30 – Intro
- 2:48 – This Week’s Beer – Daura Märzen
- 9:36 – Round Table
- 19:46 – HL1 – The Earth Isn’t F*^#ing Flat!
- 27:30 – HL2 – Talk About A Bizzkill
- 34:07 – HL3 – Texans Like Babies…
- 40:39 – Prophet Jeremiah
- 50:01 – Jenn’s Loins
- 55:48 – Next Week’s Beer – Peter, Pale And Mary
- 56:52 – Faith In Humanity Restored
- 59:47 – Outro – Thanks 4 Listening!
- 1:00:19 – Outtakes
In this week’s show, episode 136, The Prophet Jeremiah helps stop hate preaching flat earthers by selling them on an abstinence-only reproduction plan… And drugs. So many drugs.
Is attrition a drug?
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Mbomba (the creator god of the Congo) hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying his patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson
I don’t exist.
Jenn’s Actual Lesson
Did you know Marie Curie, the first woman to win a Nobel (and the only person to win 2) kept detailed journals of her scientific work? You probably aren’t surprised. BUT did you know that these journals are still so radioactive they cannot be handled safely and are stored in lead-lined boxes?
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Daura Märzen | Damm S. A. of Spain
- Ba Link: http://bit.ly/2s9NbJW
- BA Score: 81
- ABV: 7.2%
- Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest
- Aaron: 0
- Jenn: 0
- Jeremiah: 3
- Steve: 0
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
Starting off Round Table we need to say hi to The Prophet Jeremiah!
Thanks for joining us this weekend. If you want to find out more about what he does go to…
RIP Adam West.
We have a lot of patrons to thank this week! Not only that, but I’m pretty confident that we’ve just set a record for patrons thanked in a show, but don’t worry, records are made to be broken and you can help by visiting http://patreon.com/w4w and pledging as little as a buck a month for shows that often run half again as long, or at least have a unique story, and you’ll get free episodes of our beers show 4 More Beers! So what are you waiting for, join the awesome ranks of:
- Luke – pretty sure Skywalker
- Michael – hopefully not Corleone
- Heeby, and,
- Hell Bound Kangaroo — what… what, does a kangaroo do to go to hell? Be all Fundyroo and rude to sloths and ancient bison.
We do want to remind folks to check their settings in Patreon. We’ve had a high number of declined payments which means folks are getting content!
We got a voicemail from the ever lovely Miss Martina Gras
Also received a nice 3:01 min butt dial. Keep‘em coming
We also got a few text messages which are great! We’re glad you’re enjoying the show, those beers look great and keep the jokes coming in at Drunk Dial Line: (513) 760–0463
Finally, we got a few emails at [email protected]
Fatboy_rob asks where the cool song we play after our beer review comes from. It’s a fun song from a great Aussie band called Elbow Skin. Check out the “thanks” page on interestingiftrue.com for the music video and all their links.
Far East Poke
Now… about getting us some of that sweet Filipino beer… San Miguel, Lao Dark from Laos, and Shigha from Thailand are on the list and, if we have listeners in those parts of the world, hook us up!
We don’t have anything from iTunes but we do have a new review from Stitcher!
★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
Humorous, witty and well informed. Great show. Found via Cognitive Dissonance podcast.
Jenn has a correction from last week’s story. King RICHARD III, not Henry was found buried under the parking garage.
It’s important to get the word out – http://bit.ly/2syr5kz
- A new shockingly ironic electronic billboard outside of the Philadelphia airport is asking people to do their research
- For 8 seconds every minute, it will urge people to “Research Flat Earth”
- Purchased by Math Powerland of Flat Plane Society, for $835 and funded via GoFundMe
- This super smart person says NASA pictures and videos of the curved earth are faked.
- “We believe it’s all faked. All of it is in front of CGI, augmented reality, the space walks are most part done in desalinated water tanks,”
- Rejected ideas for the billboard: WE KNOW. THEY KNOW WE KNOW. DO YOU? THE EARTH IS FLAT”
- FLAT BILLBOARD INSPIRED BY EARTH
- KIM KARDASHIAN GOT CURVATURE… RESEARCH FLAT EARTH
- JESUS WALKED ON FLAT EARTH WATER!
Fake. This time it’s not fake news, but rather fake drugs – http://bit.ly/2syhXfK
- What a letdown. You pays your money, but you don’t gets your high.
- David Brady of Albany, NY was arrested at the Bonnaroo music festival for selling fake drugs
- Fucker has 1000 hits of LSD, 37 pills of Molly, 22 bags of mushrooms, 20 bags of Coke, and some black tar heroin, except it was all fake, fake, fake.
- He was arrested on a charge of possession of counterfeit controlled substances
- He did the same thing in 2015 at Wakarusa music festival in Arkansas and was released on bond, but failed to show up for court
- Now he will face charges from both incidents, first in Tennessee, then back to Arkansas
- He claimed that he was doing gods work by selling the fakes
- People like this give good drug dealers a bad name
Shocker (no not that kind), lots of teen mothers in Texas – http://nyp.st/2syljzE
- A study from Florida Pensacola shows that while nationally, this rate is in decline (btw 2006-12), there are pockets of problems.
- Texas has the 5th highest rate with 35K in 2014 and leads the country in repeat teen preg. according to CDC
- There’s a double whammy in Texas regarding teen pregnancy since not only to 58% of school districts have abstinence-only ed, and 25% don’t teach it at all, there’s also a lack of access to birth control.
- Texas closed 82 fam planning clinics in 2011
- Texas does offer free birth control to low-income teens as of 2015, but it still requires parental permission.
This Week’s Stories
Emmanuel Macron continues his dark horse rise to become world president of my heart.
The French government (led personally by President Macron) has initiated the Make Our Planet Great Again movement, in direct response to our Commander In Chief (a discarded bag of rotting hot wing skins) and his decision to withdraw from Paris Climate agreement.
http://bit.ly/2syi232 ← Watch this, it is glorious.
This movement is creating an outlet for scientists, teachers, researchers, and students to continue their work to fight climate change. Because this is what real countries, led by real leaders, do.
Per Business Insider:
Researchers, teachers, and students can apply for a four-year grant that allows them to continue their studies or instruction, fully financed
Businesspeople and heads of NGOs can also apply to receive funding from the federal government, which issues grants to organizations it considers deserving.
The Make Our Planet Great Again website goes into a more detailed explanation:
You will be able to stay in France at least for the duration of the grant, and longer if you are granted a permanent position. There is no restriction on your husband/wife working in France. If you have children, note that French public schools are free, and the tuition fees of universities and ‘grandes écoles’ are very low compared to the American system.”
I recognize the Grade A delicious shade in this small paragraph and say ‘merci’ to the entire nation of France for calling America on its goddamn bullshit so beautifully. It’s only missing a blurb on national health care to be total perfection. France, you are a magnificent bastard.
Jeremiah’s 15 Minute Second Half
The SJW Circle-Jerk
Don’t listen to this show, it’s terrible! – http://bit.ly/2syD2XC
With Callie Wright & a full crew of great folks!
- Web: http://bit.ly/1I4XgrO
- Gaytheist Patheos Blog: http://bit.ly/2t8i1zR
- @TheGaytheist: http://bit.ly/2t874ON
- Facebook: http://bit.ly/2t7UNdc
- @GaytheistCallie – http://bit.ly/2t8lRJm
No Religion Required
With Bobby C. & Mrs. Ashley
- Podcast: http://apple.co/2t80FDr
- Blog: http://bit.ly/2t8m7YQ
- Facebook: http://bit.ly/2oPffNP
- @NoReligionReq: http://bit.ly/2t86r7Y
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/2t7HZDR
Institute on the Constitution’s David Whitney can’t decide who’s worse. I mean, sure the terrorist murdered innocent people. But Grande’s singing and dancing is sexual. http://bit.ly/2syw8Sh
Find out how we handled this guy’s bull shit at http://patreon.com/w4w!
Next Week’s Beer
Peter, Pale And Mary | Mikkeller ApS
From German Denis!
- Ba Link: http://bit.ly/2sMtNzY
- BA Score: 87
- ABV: 4.6%
- Style: American Pale Ale (APA)
Faith In Humanity Restored
This police dog was fired from his job for an adorable reason – http://bit.ly/2syg2Id
This is Gavel, a German Shepherd who was recruited as a puppy to train as a police dog – but ended up getting the sack.
Unfortunately, Gavel was found to be not up to the task. As the police put it, he “did not display the necessary aptitude for a life on the front line.”
The problem was, Gavel was too sociable. He loved meeting strangers, and would much rather play with someone than help arrest them.
However, as one door closes another opens – and Gavel was offered a new job working for the Governor of Queensland, where he holds the official title Vice-Regal Dog.
His duties include greeting visitors to Queensland’s Government House and attending official functions with Governor Paul de Jersey.
“Gavel on occasions sits in on briefings with the Governor. Gavel has also demonstrated his capacity to uphold the ceremonial importance of his role at State of Origin time.”
“He has outgrown four ceremonial coats, undergone a career change, and brought untold joy to the lives of the governor, Mrs de Jersey, Government House staff, and the thousands of Queenslanders who have since visited the estate.”
Bonus Cat Video
- SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING – NBA Finals “Watch the Game” Extended Cut – http://bit.ly/2syP5nD
- Nick Offerman Answers Woodworking Questions From Twitter | Tech Support – http://bit.ly/2syHiGA
- Weak Ass Alt-Righters: http://bit.ly/2syz2q7
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!