- 0:30 – Intro
- 3:30 – This Week’s Beer – Peter, Pale And Mary
- 10:23 – Rount Table
- 18:51 – Let’s Have A Zima
- 18:51 – HL1 – Penitent Peacocks
- 27:33 – Jim’s Mango Cream Ale
- 34:06 – HL2 – Butts & Things
- 41:13 – Dark o’ Aaron’s Moon
- 46:17 – HL3 – Lay’n Pipe!
- 53:44 – Patreon Pride!
- 1:04:31 – Trump’s Pride :(
- 1:14:16 – Next Week’s Beer – Graham Cracker Porter
- 1:16:57 – Faith In Humanity Restored
- 1:23:30 – Outro – Thanks 4 Listening!
- 1:23:58 – Outtakes
In celebration of Pride Month, we’ve released this extra fab, extra Jim, patreon show to everyone!
If you like the extra content (it’s not always extra beers by the way) please think about supporting the show by visiting https://patreon.com/w4w and donating as little as a dollar a show! Thanks, ~ Aaron
In this week’s show, the patron cut of episode 137, Jim set his lasers to rainbowlific and targets the Mormon church for laying peacock-pipe across Europe!
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Aaron’s Birthday (he’s finally gotten past his puberty) hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying their patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson
This week I learned that hangman is a great game to teach kids that if they don’t learn to spell, they could be put to death.
Jim’s Good Gay News
It’s pride month, even if the White House hasn’t been as supportive, vocal, aware, responsive, humane…. Regardless, happy pride everyone! Also, I’m baaaaaaaaaaack!
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Peter, Pale And Mary | Mikkeller ApS
From German Denis!
- Ba Link: http://bit.ly/2sMtNzY
- BA Score: 87
- ABV: 4.6%
- Style: American Pale Ale (APA)
- Aaron: 6
- Jim: 4
- Shea: 7
- Steve: 7
Bonus | Zima – Coors Brewing Company
- ABV: 5%
- Style: Malt Liquor
- Aaron: 8
- Jim: 6
- Shea: 4
- Steve: 5
Mango Cream Ale | Miner Brewing Company (Hill City, SD)
- ABV: 4.6
- IBU: 12
- Style: Cream Ale
- Notes: Refreshing and bright, Mango Cream Ale begins with lightly macerated mango and malt on the nose with a lingering mango and malt finish.
- Aaron: 8
- Jim: 9
- Shea: 8
- Steve: 2
Aaron’s Bonus Beer!
Elysian Dark o’ the Moon – Elysian Brewing – ABV: 6.5% – BA Link: http://bit.ly/2t0YAfJ – Style: Cream Ale – Aaron: 1 – Jim: 5 – Shea: 1 – Steve: 0
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
Bonus drink! From Shea
It’sa ma birfday! ~Aaron
New voicemail from The Napkin Pope, thank you, sir!
Titular Bishop Andrew left us an unsolicited dick pic…
Love From Down South
iTunes by VolatileChems
Love you guys. You guys sound like fantastic people to drink with, but I’ll have to settle for listening in as of right now. This big, gay grizzly bear wishes you well, and I hope you have many shows to come.
Megan emailed to tell us about Echigo stout – Banki!
Troy emailed, we’re glad that we can provide you an outlet from the Tennassy folks and their weird church biz!
Follow up: Dumpster fire of a governor, Matt Bevin, of Kentucky responded in a video statement to critics of his “let’s all walk and pray the crime away” idea, attacking his critics and blaming the media for quoting him verbatim. Not a single mention of how prayer is actually useful.
Pissed Peacock perforates pints of Perignon – http://bit.ly/2t11npl
- This week a peacock strutted into Royal Oaks Liquors in California, and made himself comfortable amongst the wine bottles, and was content to relax under a Pabst neon sign.
- “A lady said, ‘Hey, uh, you have a bird inside your store,’” manager Rani Ghanem, recalled. Apparently, the store’s door had been accidentally left open, allowing the bird to saunter inside.
- An animal control officer showed up on the scene to coax the bird out, but as the video clearly shows, he was out of his league. The agitated bird outsmarts capture and crashes around the store, breaking bottles as he flaps his wings to escape the net.
- According to the manager, the bird ended up destroying around $500 in Champagne and other expensive wines.
- He’ll be released at the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden – hopefully putting a swift end to his reign of terror at Southern California liquor stores.
You can take those fidget spinners and shove them right up your ass if you ask me!
- Unless you live in a cave or maybe outside of the states you have heard of fidget spinners, It consists of a bearing in the center of a multi-lobed flat structure made from metal or plastic.
- Fidget spinners have now reached critical mass. People are attaching rockets to them, balancing them on the heads of alligators, and the heads of their penises. What’s really left to do? Apparently, the answer is glue one to the end of a butt plug.
- Recently added to their store Fidget Spinner butt plugs are now real, and available for purchase.
- GlowFyourself’s Etsy shop sells them for only $35 for a small and $55 for a large!
- Social anxiety? Easily distracted? Want something that will REALLY confuse your family? Try this out!
- Be the talk of every party, become the rectal tilt a whirl you’ve dreamt of, legitimately identify as that Apache attack helicopter you’ve always known you really were!
- This is sure to help you stay focused in bed, never get distracted while hitting it from behind again!
Underground beer pipe almost complete! – http://bbc.in/2t0Yipe
- An underground beer pipeline is being laid for the Wacken Open Air (WOA) hard rock festival, which kicks off in northern Germany in August. It is part of a new 7km (four-mile) pipeline network, which organizers say will make the event more eco-friendly. The beer flow rate should fill six glasses every six seconds, thanks to the 35cm (14-inch) diameter pipeline.
- WOA is one of the world’s biggest heavy metal events. The line-up will include Megadeth, Alice Cooper, and Trivium.
- The venue is on the edge of a village in Schleswig-Holstein with 1,850 residents. This year WOA will feature 150 bands, pumping out their rock numbers from 3-5 August.
- German media report that WOA, spread over three days, attracts about 75,000 heavy metal fans each year. Each one consumes on average 5.1 liters (nine pints) of beer during the festival. Approx 5500 Kegs of beer.
- On the WOA website, the organizers say the pipelines are an investment to make the festival more sustainable and cost-effective.
- Beer trucks will no longer churn up the fields every day to reach thirsty fans. The pipelines will meet strict hygiene standards, they stress.
This Week’s Stories
This week’s patreon story is proudly outa the cloud… [cough]. We’re publishing this week’s patreon episode publicly to wrap up Pride Month! Thanks to everyone who makes this show possible!
Don’t forget to check out WyoAIDS.org for more information about how you can help those living with HIV/AIDS in Wyoming!
Paramedic says deadly fires were caused by 12 gay weddings – http://bit.ly/2t0F5DZ
- They’ve been blamed by a paramedic for fires in South Africa that have devastated large parts of the country.
- More than six people have been killed, including a three-year-old child and a firefighter, in the fire and 10,000 people have been evacuated.
- A paramedic has been suspended over his remarks saying that the fires were God’s revenge on the country for allowing 12 gay marriages at The weddings he was writing about took place at the annual Pink Loerie Mardi Gras and Arts Festival
- Afrikaaner Bossie Boshoff, (Bossie isn’t his real first name) said that the fires in Knysna happened only after the Dutch Reformed Church allowed the weddings to go ahead.
Can you remember last year when Knysna was made up in pink and 12 homosexual marriages took place on one day? It was only after the election of the Dutch Reformed Church when they approved gay homosexual marriage. It was all over the newspapers. It dared god. They mustn’t cry now about the fire. God doesn’t let himself be mocked.’
Netcare911 managing director Craig Grindell confirmed that Boshoff had been suspended and would face a disciplinary panel next week.
Mr. Grindell said: ‘Netcare and Netcare 911 have a firm, zero-tolerance stance towards discrimination of any kind.
We will not hesitate to take the strongest possible action when made aware of any action, and or behaviour, of a staff member which transgresses the company’s values, ethics and code of conduct.
Mass Resignation at HIV Council Exposes Trump’s Cruelty
- The Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS has been gutted after six members quit, writing in a blistering letter to Newsweek that President Trump is allowing people to suffer and die.
- Scott Schoettes, HIV Project director at Lambda Legal, penned the letter. Schoettes quit the Presidential Advisory Council last week, along with 5 other HIV advocates.
- “As advocates for people living with HIV, we have dedicated our lives to combating this disease and no longer feel we can do so effectively within the confines of an advisory body to a president who simply does not care,” Schoettes writes.
- Presidential Advisory Council was created in 1995 — under the administration of President Bill Clinton — to help the president best tackle the epidemic via the help of researchers, health professionals, faith leaders, HIV advocates, and people living with the disease.
- The council has continued to advise administrations and, under President Obama’s tenure, helped produce the influential National HIV/AIDS Strategy.
- Trump’s record:
- took down the website of the Office of National AIDS Policy
- has not appointed a leader for the White House Office of National AIDS Policy
- Trump refused to meet with HIV leaders when running for president, something both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders did
- And TrumpCare/AHCA: “Between … defunding Medicaid expansion, imposing per-person caps on benefits, and/or block granting the program, the changes to Medicaid contemplated by the American Health Care Act would be particularly devastating for people living with HIV.”
- The people most affected by Trump’s cruel indifference: low-income people of color, transgender women, and gay and bi people in Southern states where leaders are itching to cut off funding for meds and health care.
Next Week’s Beer
Graham Cracker Porter | Denver Beer Co.
- Ba Link: http://bit.ly/2sMlq7u
- BA Score: 85
- ABV: 5.8%
- Style: American Porter
Faith In Humanity Restored
Gay Men’s Chorus drowns out pride protest the best way possible: by singingk
Bonus Cat Video
Hotel Ad Uses Noah’s Ark Story to Welcome All Types of Couples – http://bit.ly/2t0UcgE
Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington confronts protestors with music – http://bit.ly/2t0Yk0f
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!