In this week’s show, episode 145, we talk about a lot of things but, for fuck’s sake, Nazis!? Really!
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Fufluns FU-Fluns (the Etruscan god wine/equivalent of Dionysus Di-on-ee-sis) hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying his patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson
Ahm ehn Bahstahn pahking the caah
Jenn’s Actual Lesson
Did you know that humans are the only animals to have a chin? This includes our closest extinct hominid ancestors, such as Neandertals. Scientists are divided over what may be the evolutionally advantageous reason for this, though it’s been suggested it possibly could help with chewing or talking.
Jim’s Good Gay News
The 2500-year-old gay erotica was carved into rocks on the small Greek island of Astypalaia. They included drawings of phalluses and bragging that “Nikasitimos was here mounting Timiona.” There are also messages that indicateTimionareturned the favor. Isn’t that better news than that we live in a world where we have to clarify that Nazi’s arebadand that many of our leaders won’t say so? Either way, it’s fucked up.
And I’m Steve and me, for one, am ready so, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Oberon – Bell’s Brewer.
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2wNsUIA
- BA Rating: 86
- Style: American Pale Wheat Ale
- ABV: 5.8
- Aaron: 8
- Jenn: 8
- Jim: 7
- Steve: 9
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
Ian Fleming wrote books on a spy;
James Bond was the name of this guy.
His muse for Pussy Galore;
Has died at 104.
And is now sexy and gold in the sky.
Oh, the new Patrons this week – Holy shit!
- Josh AxeHandle
- Rex Tuesday
Continuing the flattery, Ironrob73, reviewed us saying,
Right up there with Cog Diss & Scathing!
This is easily one of the best podcasts out there! If you like rational thinking, beer, and dick jokes. This is for you!
We also got a call from Tim asking about where one could, if coming through Laramie on the way to an eclipse, drop off some beer for the show.
The short answer is, follow us on twitter @4Wrath.
I will try to be around early in the weekend so that we can maybe meet folks at a local pub for a bite, beer, or just to be there so you can toss beer out of your window at us. You know, whatever works for you. (please don’t do that if they are in bottles)
I was on, and will be on, Atheism 101 this and next week! There was some technical trouble over at 101 studios so, as is my way, I dove in and did some troubleshooting… by which I mean I shot trouble all over their show. So, if you haven’t check out the show that just aired win which Tim tells me the events of Charlottesville – I was in a house-project media blackout. And next week they’ll be airing a show for which I actually did some research into the pikpuks picking a pious processor! They’re a techno-cult who wants to upload your soul to the alien lizard people matrix servers… yep.
Check them out at Athiems101podcast.com
Atheism 101 with Matt & Tim
Slobbery Complaints From KY Group – http://bit.ly/2wVgrDk
- Seriously. I’m not clever enough to make this up. A Kentucky group plans to protest the fucking solar eclipse.
- The group, Kentuckians for Coal, is an ad-hoc coalition (heh) of miners and related folks who stand against the eclipse and those who “worship” it.
- Starting at high noon on the 21st, they’ll be in front of the Hopkinsville New Era “fake” newspaper protesting that the news is hyping the eclipse and ignoring the coal industry
- The town of 33,000, which is right in the path of the totality, is expecting about a quarter million visitors for the eclipse.
- Suggested protester sign slogans:
— A Mine Is A Terrible Thing To Waste (No, no it’s not)
— Climate Change Is a Hoax! (No, not it’s not)
— Still Think Solar Makes Sense? (Yes, absolutely)
— What’s Next? Global Warming? (Yes, absolutely)
— That’s what she said! (I don’t get it)
— You Can’t Always Count on the Sun! (all life on earth says otherwise)
— The Solar Industry Is Modernizing Us Out of Jobs! (Yes, absolutely)
Oklahoma Man Sues Bigoted Town – http://nbcnews.to/2wVG47k
- Randy Gamel-Medler, his husband, and their son moved to Hitchcock, Oklahoma in 2014 to renovate a former judge’s home and live in peace
- He got involved in local politics and became the town clerk, then the trouble began
- One of the town’s trustees, Meradith Norris, saw that Randy had a black son and allegedly said to him, “What are you going to do when your house burns down and we don’t send out the fire trucks?”
- In another incident; local resident, Jonita Pauls Jacks, attempted to get into Randy’s car while he was working as clerk, and when he locked the doors, she said, “You f—–g queer, I’m going to grab your little boy, rip his n—-r head off and sh-t down his throat.”
- The local sheriff, Almaguer said the cunt was practicing her free speech and did nothing.
- Later yet, Kenny and Patsy Meier erected a sign in front of the post office, where he and his son often walked, that read “The town clerk is a f—–g queer.”
- On May 28, his house burned to the ground. He called the fire department, which is a block away, but got no response for an extended period of time.
- After losing everything, and afraid for himself and his family, they moved to El Paso.
- Now, with the fire still “under investigation” months later, Randy has filed a federal civil right lawsuit against nine residents of Blaine County, Okla., including Sheriff Tony Almaguer, Undersheriff David Robertson, Hitchcock Mayor Rick Edsall and six others.
Out, Out Nazi Motherfuckers – http://ind.pn/2wV7zOb
We cut this for length… but also because fuck nazis. You can hear it at http://patreon.com/w4w right now along with an entire extra quiz!
- Logan Smith’s day job is communications director for Progress, NC, but it seems his real calling is outing fucking nazi assholes
- He runs the Yes, You’re Racist Twitter account https://twitter.com/YesYoureRacist
- He asked people if they recognized people in the Charlottesville crowd and if so, send him their names and public profiles so he could make them famous
- “These aren’t just random faces in a crowd, these are real people. A lot of times, they are in our communities. They could be your neighbors, your co workers, people you pass in the grocery store and I think it’s really important to put a spotlight on these people.”
- Negative comments are coming from people he called out on Twitter for participating in the rally in Charlottesville.
- “They are saying they are going to kill me, insulting my wife, insulting my family,” Smith said.
- Mr Smith started the account during the 2012 presidential election campaign. It has now amassed over 350,000 followers.
This Week’s Stories
Round robin, two rounds, three questions each – two points if it’s your question, one point if you piggyback. One bonus point if you can name the book of theBibble, two if you can name chapter and/or verse.
(Deuteronomy 9:8) “Even at Horeb you provoked the Lord to wrath, and the Lord was so angry with you that he BLANK.
- would have destroyed you
- destroyed your crops and felled your armies
- unleashed his orange vengeance on you bigly
- turned your houses to ash
(Ezekiel 7:8_)_ Now I will shortly pour out my wrath on you and spend my anger against you; judge you according to your ways and BLANK.
- laid low your houses
- hold you accountable unto the law
- bring on you all your abominations
- bring you into the light
(Isaiah 51:20_)_ Your sons have fainted, they lie helpless at the head of every street, like BLANK, full of the wrath of the Lord, the rebuke of your God.
- a fish on the hook
- man babies denied entry to a women-only showing of Wonder Woman
- an antelope in a net
- lambs unto the slaughter
(Matthew 3:7_)_ But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, “You BLANK, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?”
- deceivers of men
- brood of vipers
- destroyers of the faith
- chief among sinners
(Romans 2:5_)_ But because of your BLANK you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
- wickedness and sinful nature
- ignorance and disobedience
- jealousy and pride
- stubbornness and unrepentant heart
(Psalm 78:59_)_ When God heard, he was filled with wrath and BLANK;
- greatly abhorred Israel
- loathing for the unrighteous
- smote them down
- wept for their wickedness
(Proverbs 15:1) A gentle answer turns awaywrath, but BLANK.
- nothing stays the hand of the Lord
- a harsh word stirs up anger
- the faithful man teaches his neighbor to pray
- vengeance pleaseth the Lord.
(Isaiah 13:9_)_ Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, cruel, with fury and burning anger, BLANK; and he will exterminate its sinners from it.
- the likes of which the world has never seen
- to cleanse the world of blasphemy
- to rebuke the unbelievers
- the make the land a desolation
(Job 4:9_)_ “By BLANK they perish, and by the blast of his anger they come to an end.
- the arguing of Matt and Tim on Atheism 101
- the breath of God
- their disobedience of God’s law
- breaking the Lord’s covenant
Is it #GoodToBeAPatreon?
Why yes, yes it is!
Why, because if you visit http://patreon.com/w4w you can get an entire extra quiz, and this one is extra crazy!
The tigers of wrath are wiser than BLANK. – William Blake (English poet, painter, and printmaker; 1757-1827)
- the rodents of unusual size
- the lambs of peace
- the horses of instruction
- the meekest among men
We must use the wrath of _BLANK_as our teacher. –Bhumibol Adulyadej (ninth monarch of Thailand; 1927-2016)
- our enemies
- a butterfly
There is little for the great part of the history of the world except BLANK and the hot tears of wrath. – Woodrow Wilson (academic and former president of Princeton Univ, 28th President of the US; 1913-1921)
- the bitter tears of pity
- the sweet smell of victory
- the cold hearts of men
- stale Yeti butter
Beware the wrath of the _BLANK_adversary. – John C. Calhoun (American statesman, political theorist from S Carolina, 7th Vice President of US; 1782-1850)
Men often make up in wrath what BLANK. – William R. Alger (Unitarian minister, author whose writings were important to the development of comparative religious studies; 1822-1905)
- they lack in common sense
- they want in reason
- they lack in lady smarts
- they want in patience
‘Tis said that wrath is BLANK – Alcaeus of Mytilene (lyric poet from the Greek island of Lesbos, 621-560 BC)
- the last thing in a man to grow old
- the first thing to come between brothers
- the hardest thing to leave behind
- the easiest thing to share with family
I myself have felt the wrath of the BLANK, but that’s part of what a good _BLANK_is. – Naftali Bennett (Education and Diaspora Affairs Minister, heads the nationalist religious Jewish Home party; 1972-)
- priest, faith
- government, monarchy
- media, democracy
- Jenn, podcast
There is too much-undissolved wrath and punishment in most BLANK. Joshua LLiebman (American rabbi and NYT bestselling author of Peace of Mind; 1907–1948)
Not by wrath does one kill, but by BLANK – Friedrich Nietzsche (German philosopher, cultural critic, poet, philologist, and Latin and Greek scholar; 1844-1900)
- maple syrup
Next Week’s Beer
Holy Shit Ale – Schoppe Brau Berlin.
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2wNXgus
- BA Rating: 85
- Style: American Double / Imperial IPA
- ABV: 10%
Faith In Humanity Restored
Police Officer Buys Shirt And Tie For Shoplifter Who Needed An Outfit For A Job Interview – http://bit.ly/2wV6SEu
Also, thanks to dod_snow, I guess he knows some stuff ;)
Niran Jeyanesan said that he and his partner were called to a Walmart for a reported theft. When they arrived, he said the loss prevention officer at the store had apprehended an 18-year-old man for stealing a dress shirt, tie and socks.
After speaking to the shoplifter, Jeyanesan said he discovered that the young man needed the outfit for an upcoming job interview.
“This young person has been facing his own difficulties in life and he was looking to straighten out all that by providing for his family and trying to get a job,” Jeyanesan told CP24.
After releasing the shoplifter without charge, Jeyanesan purchased the shirt and tie and gave the clothing to the man.
“This individual didn’t have any resources,” he said. “He wanted to go get that job. That was in his mind. I think he truly made a mistake.”
Jeyanesan’s staff sergeant Paul Bois praised his actions.
“Arresting him wouldn’t have been in the best interests of anyone,” he told the BBC.
“I reacted very positively to the news; all issues were resolved by the action the officer took. It reiterates our goal of being positive role models in the community.”
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes or Stitcher!
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/1VEhtx2
- Donate! https://wyoaids.org
- Voicemail: (513) 760–0463
Bonus Cat Video
1940s anti-Nazi film makes comeback – http://bbc.in/2wVi04a
The Defenders – https://uncrate.com/video/the-defenders/ This comes out today by the way, go get Netflix and watch it!
What You Need To Know About Seeing The Solar Eclipse – https://uncrate.com/video/what-you-need-to-know-about-seeing-the-solar-eclipse/