Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Blubrry | TuneIn | RSSStandard Chapters
- 0:00:30 - Intro
- 0:02:38 - This Week's Beer - 1516 Bayrisch Hell
- 0:09:06 - Round Table
- 0:15:42 - HL1 - Science Wombs
- 0:21:58 - HL2 - Homiopathetic
- 0:29:07 - HL3 - The Gator Whisperer
- 0:37:05 - NFL Killing Fieldgoal
- 0:45:25 - Angry Man Yells At Clouds
- 0:51:33 - Next Week's Beer - Mountain Livin’ Pale Ale
- 0:53:17 - Faith In Humanity Restored
- 0:58:14 - Outro
- 0:58:39 - Outtakes
-A But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer1516 Bayrisch Hell - Privatbrauerei Schwiger Thanks, T’Boogs!
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2wBquOa
- BA Rating: N/A
- ABV: 4.9%
- Style: Munich Helles Lager
- Aaron: 10
- Shea: 9
- Steve: 9
This Week’s ShowRound Table Discussion We have a few less than jovial comments, First, our hearts go out to those affected by shootings this weekend. We woke up to the news of Los Vegas and still really haven’t been able to process it all. The same news streams brought news of shootings elsewhere as well, far too many to list here. We were also saddened to hear about the continued plight of those seeking refuge from Myanmar and similar countries. RIP Tom Petty. In case you missed it in our intro, we’re saddened by his passing. New patron, Brian! Thank you for all the new Facebook likes. Jenn especially, but we too all are amazed by our fans. Speaking of listeners, here’s a voicemail from Mr. BiblePants! We also got a beer review from Heebie-Jebus, you might have seen his score in last weeks show docs, but he had the following to say Finally, we got a note from a listener that quite correctly took us to task for behaving like 12-year-olds when we do a show without Jenn. And yeah, she’s not wrong, so we’re gonna make a level effort at not being rude-bros, let us know how it goes... There are no new iTunes reviews, so if you want to help us out and don’t have the scratch to patronize us leave us a 5-star review! Alternatively, as you gear up to do your holiday shopping - yeah, we’re like Walmart now - you can visit waiting 4 wrath.com and click the Amazon widget! It’s a great way to help us out without costing you a penny!
HeadlinesHL1 - Raiders of The Lost Womb - http://bit.ly/2yKHFge
- Science has progressed to the point that at least three UK women could be offered wombs through a new charity-funded programme launching within a year, allowing them to give birth naturally.
- Sweden has already seen success in ‘uterine transplantation’.
- Since 2014, at least five babies have been born to womb-less women, after they received donor wombs in a series of operations at Gothenburg University in Sweden.
- Of course, this was begun in Sweden, a much more progressive country, but moving into parts of the UK is a great sign that trans women may find it easier to become mothers.
- Much of homeopathy has been discredited over time: we usually don’t bleed people to cure them or ingest powdered mummy parts. However, so http://bit.ly/2z1Czx0 me “medical practitioners” still employ some equally ludicrous treatments.
- A bit of homeopathy backstory: “Homeopathy describes an entire system of alternative medicine devised by Samuel Hahnemann in 1796 based on a “like cures like” principle. Essentially, Hahnemann believed that something can cure a sick person if it causes similar problems in healthy people. This may sound similar to, but is nothing like vaccines, weakened microbes used to train the body’s immune system.”
- Often homeopathic remedies aren’t harmful in and of themselves. They are diluted so heavily into water, teas, tinctures that any effect is generally chalked up to placebo. However, using an internet powder rather than a cancer treatment is, of course, moronic.
- Last week, the European Academies Science Advisory Council issued a statement: After reviewing the research out there, they determined that there’s no robust, reproducible evidence backing homeopathy’s effectiveness for any of the diseases it’s supposed to treat.
- Now, the European scientists don’t want to ban homeopathic medicines outright. Rather, they’d like to ensure that consumers are better informed and that vendors are upfront about the evidence backing the products’ effectiveness.
- Baby steps.
- A mystic who claimed to have the power to control crocodiles has died after apparently being dragged underwater by one of the reptiles.
- The man, named by local media as Suprianto, was searching for the body of another man - also mauled by crocs - when it happened.
- Horrifying footage shows the shaman trying to escape from the crocodile's jaws after being attacked in a lake in East Kalimantan province, Indonesia.
- He was in the Muara Jawa estuary trying to find the body of a man named Arjuna, who had been dragged underwater while he was sunbathing the previous day.
- Suprianto was singing mantras as the reptile apparently pulled him down, witnesses said.Police Chief Fadillah Zulkarnaen said: "I think he was dragged by a croc under the water and then ran out of oxygen.
"From the pictures I’ve seen, his body is still intact, his arms and legs are still there."
This Week’s StoriesSpecial K is for Cock! Patron Cock. http://bit.ly/2yLHCRa How does one sneak MDMA into a rave? Answer These questions and more on this weeks http://patreon.com/w4w episode of Waiting 4 Wrath! Though Vegemite smells like flowers, chicken broth, leather and a touch of old people it did not mask the scent of drugs wrapped around a man's crotch. Story from the Penile Colony
- The alleged was caught smuggling MDMA by sniffer dogs, with the drugs slathered in vegemite and cling-wrapped to his penis at the St Kilda music festival.
- This year police found amphetamines, MDMA, cannabis, and ketamine while another rowdy guy “threw a stubby” at a policeman after his drunk friend was booted out of the festival and subsequently he was charged with assault. 1.- We’re going to have to ask Shelly what a stubby is, seeing as she was raised in the penile colony.
- Port Phillip Acting Inspector Stuart Bailey has detailed how the man got the goods in, "we found several males had the drugs wrapped in plastic and wrapped around their penis,” he said.
“One smothered his MDMA in Vegemite believing the... dog would not be able to detect his drugs. Wrong!”NFL Killing Field-goals - http://bit.ly/2yLwofF
“I told you the NFL was out of the bowels of hell and nothing more than a propaganda machine with mindless sheep who are brainwashed every night of the week with the alpha, gamma, theta waves, the delta waves lulling people into trances, slipping people into mass hypnosis. That’s declassified, folks. High-level mind control projects have been exposed, it’s on record. TV, that noise box, is the most disgusting invention ever made. “I think the NFL is pure evil. It’s anti-Christian, anti-family, anti-patriot, anti-constitutional, anti-gun, anti-American for sure. These new NFL policies are straight out of the Pol Pot regime. In some stadiums, women can’t even enter into the same entrance as men and children. “Talk about your FEMA camp training. That’s right, the NFL is an extension of the TSA, the DHS, the globalist agenda and FEMA. Every NFL stadium is a FEMA camp in hiding.”Yep. All of those words were used in what someone thought was a coherent argument. Just let that sink in. Also these people can and do vote. So... Yeah. Patron story The voodoo that Anata ga Yaru - hhttp://bit.ly/2z1wO2e TOKYO - On the morning of Sept 26 in Tokyo, schoolchildren on their way to a day of learning and play at Edogawa Elementary School were crossing a pedestrian land bridge. However, hanging from the railing was a little doll made of straw along wi th a note which read “All you brats jump from here and die.” In Japan, straw dolls ( waraningyo) are used in a somewhat similar fashion to a voodoo doll, in that they are both effigies used to summon a curse upon people. That someone is believed to be 41 -year-old Takeshi Inaba who lives near the school. According to the police, Inaba confessed to inflicting the curse saying: “Those kids running wild in the park are too noisy.” Inaba is facing charges of criminal intimidation which, considering his supernatural method, seems a little excess. It should be noted that Inaba is also suspected of several cases of graffiti which read “Kids are too noisy!” on benches and the toilet of the local park where students are known to play. He is also believed to have sent over 30 letters to staff and parents of Edogawa Elementary School bad-mouthing them about their inability to control those “noisy kids.” So while he probably won’t get hit with the full force of the law, the suspect may have a date with a mental health examiner in store.
Next Week's BeerMountain Livin’ Pale Ale - Crazy Mountain Brewing Company Thanks RW
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2wVal4J
- BA Rating: 24.5%
- Untappd: 3.36 / 5
- ABV: 5.7%
- Style: American Pale Ale
Faith In Humanity RestoredFirst Gay Couple Legally Marries In Germany! - http://bit.ly/2yL3IDA
Join The DiscussionWe’d love to hear from you! To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes or Stitcher!
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/1VEhtx2
- Donate! https://wyoaids.org
- Voicemail: (513) 760–0463
Bonus Cat Video
- Searching for the World’s Oldest Pub - https://youtu.be/oemfO56t9yw
- Top 10 Cinematographers of All Time - https://youtu.be/b3NRvrmKeMA
- Inside the incredible LEGO House with architect Bjarke Ingels - https://youtu.be/DZfnRsYhmMo
- Blade Runner - What's the Difference? - https://youtu.be/DRanb5UHDbQ
- ADAM: The Mirror - https://youtu.be/R8NeB10INDo
- How Bacteria Rule Over Your Body – The Microbiome - https://youtu.be/VzPD009qTN4