In This Week’s Show, episode 160, we finished our turkey and moved on to the hard stuff, Wild Turkey!
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Skan (the sky and creator god of the Dakota Native Americans) hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying his patience!
Jenn’s Actual Lesson
Did you know that the Sioux tribe believed humans were formed in the womb of Mother Earth? Well, humans AND buffalo. No word on the other millions of species and where they incubated.
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer! Turdrunken!
This Week’s Beer
Amber Ale – Crazy Mountain Brewing Co.
- RB Link: http://bit.ly/2z99jaH
- RB Rating: Overall 37, in-style 46
- Untappd: http://bit.ly/2zaIe6R
- Style: Amber Ale
- ABV: 5.25%
- Aaron: 3
- Jenn: 4
- Steve: 5
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
Perfect weekend starter
The guys (and the girl) are great, they make me laugh and forget about my mortality and impending death, there’s news, jokes and beer, what else can you ask for?
New Patron – Heeby Jeebus – The one, the only, the awesome
Follow up from 124, Shortey shortens his sentence by pleading guilty. – http://bit.ly/2AeDUDN
GOP Senator and trans-bathroom bill pushing fuckwit from episodes gone by has plead guilty to child sex trafficking as part of a plea deal to avoid even more time in jail because of all the child porn they found during the investigation. So fuck him.
Chinese Sex Doll Uber is uber fucked.
We’d previously talked about a hehe ridesharing service in episode 151 that let’s you ride the finest pieces of plastic ass. Unfortunately, the People’s Republic of No Plasti-pussy for you had other ideas. Ther service was cancelled just four days after it’s launch.
HL1 – The Mad Rocket Mant – http://bit.ly/2ide4cT
- Self-taught rocket scientist “Mad” Mike Hughes has built himself a steam powered rocket that he plans to ride up into the … firmament?
- Hughes is a 61-year-old limo driver who’s spent the last few years building a steam-powered rocket out of salvaged parts in his garage. His project has cost him $20,000
- His first test of the rocket will also be the launch date when he straps into his homemade contraption and attempts to hurdle over the ghost town of Amboy, California.
- That launch date was supposed to be the very day we’re recording here at wrathful studios, but now he’s delayed it due to gov-ment interference
- Hughes is confident this will mark the first step toward proving the Earth is flat, after all.
- “I don’t believe in science,” said Hughes, whose main sponsor for the rocket is Research Flat Earth. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula. There’s no difference between science and science fiction.”
- In 2014, Hughes constructed and launched a rocket. He jumped on a private property in Winkelman, Arizona, and traveled 1,374 feet, about a quarter-mile, before he pulled his parachutes. He said two of the parachutes were at least 20 years old at the time and one didn’t open.
- He collapsed after that landing — the G-forces taking a toll — and needed three days to recover.
HL2 – Still Better Than Cylons – http://bit.ly/2zwU2NQ
- Samantha was on display at the Arts Electronica Festival in Linz, Austria where she was terribly soiled and damaged by many men
- Samantha is not a real person, but rather a high-tech sex doll
- She reacts by moaning when her breasts are touched and apparently feels quite real to said touch
- Developer Sergi Santos from Barcelona, Spain said she was mishandled by the people at the fair so much that she requires repair
- He complained, ‘The people mounted Samantha’s breasts, her legs and arms. Two fingers were broken. She was heavily soiled.’
- ‘People can be bad. Because they did not understand the technology and did not have to pay for it, they treated the doll like barbarians.’ Mr Santos said Samantha had to be sent back in a parcel to Barcelona for repairs and cleaning, but he added: ‘Samantha can endure a lot, she will pull through.’
HL3 – Damnit Texas -http://bit.ly/2i0SsN2
- U.S. District Court Judge Lee Yeakel ruled that the law imposed an unnecessary medical procedure on women with no known benefit to them.
- The Texas law, Senate Bill 8, which was supposed to go into effect in September, would have required doctors to stop the heart of a fetus before it could be removed in an abortion, a procedure which can be be dangerous to the mother.
- “The Act does not further the health of the woman before the fetus is viable,” Yeakel wrote in the Nov. 22 decision.
- “That a woman may make the decision to have an abortion before a fetus may survive outside her womb is solely and exclusively the woman’s decision,” Yeakel ruled. “The power to make this decision is her right.”
- Yeakel wrote that the state’s “legitimate interest in fetal life” does not allow it to require an additional medical procedure “not driven by medical necessity” to complete a standard D&E abortion.
- “The court is unaware of any other medical context — in contravention of the doctor’s medical judgement and the best interest of the patient — to conduct a medical procedure that delivers no benefit to the woman,” he wrote.
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has already filed a notice of appeal, reports The Dallas Morning News.
This Week’s Stories
Mother Earth is done with our shit – http://bit.ly/2Ae02xW
I think our planet is plotting our destruction. Mysterious loud booms of unknown origins have been recorded in at least 64 locations around the world over the past year. Most recently was this past week, just south of us in Brighton, CO (where Mrs. Yeti hales from) the boom was so loud it shook houses and rattled windows. While some people decided to report their experience on social network sites, particularly Facebook, a few residents decided to call Denver7, the local news to report this strange noise.
“It was just like boom and the trailer shook, and I thought, ‘what the heck was that?’” Ray Armijo, a resident who has also served in the military told Denver7. “It kind of scared me a bit.”
On Nov. 20 a boom in Alabama (now called the ‘Bama Boom’) had panicked locals calling nearby military bases for answers. The Birmingham National Weather Service originally hypothesized that the sound could have come from a supersonic aircraft or a meteor breaking the sound barrier, possibly from the Leonid meteor shower that peaks on November 17 and 18. The U.S. Geological Survey’s Lakeview Retreat near Centreville, Alabama had also picked up a boom sound. Though, seismic data showed that the boom was not the result of an earthquake-related event. Bill Cooke, head of NASA’s Meteoroid Environment Office said that NASA’s meteor scientists would continue to analyse the new data in hopes of discovering the reason for the boom.
But the noises are not solely here in the US. In a report, NASA said that the agency is clueless about the frightening noise sheard from the Middle East, which covers countries like Syria, Egypt, and the State of Palestine to East Midlands. It also involves areas of Australia. Locals in Cairns, Australia, were shaken by a loud rumble on Oct. 10. Then two weeks later, another boom was heard over the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia.
Suggested causes of the noise ranged from supersonic aircrafts to meteors exploding in the atmosphere, whereas some conspiracy theorists even tried to claim it could be the beginning of the end as doomsday approaches. Anytime booming sounds are heard from the sky, it’s worth ruling out a sonic boom caused by aircraft breaking the sound barrier. This might explain a few of the events — for instance, there are reports of a FA-18 Hornet plane flying nearby when the sound was heard in Cairns, Australia — but it’s not a viable theme across all of the events.
Another possibility is that the booms are caused by meteors exploding in the sky. The Leonid Meteor Shower has coincided with the hysteria. This theory would certainly explain why the phenomenon is global, though astronomers have insisted that meteors produced by the Leonids are way too small for this to happen.
Ground explosions also make for a prime suspect, but it’s unclear how a ground disruption could explain the worldwide distribution of the sounds. Many officials now believe that the Colorado clamor was unrelated to the worldwide phenomenon, likely caused by oil and gas extraction.
Indian health minister claims cancer is caused by sins from a past life – https://ind.pn/2A7jvAF
Yeah, this goes about as well for him as it sounds like it should. Listen now at http://patreon.com/w4w
Next Week’s Beer
ColdSmoke Scotch Ale – Kettlehouse Brewing Co.
From Beer Club Member Ally
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2iddBr9
- BA Rating: Rating: 77% – 155 votes
- Style: Scotch Ale
- ABV: 6.5%
Faith In Humanity Restored
This Anchorage gas station owner didn’t want anyone to go hungry on Thanksgiving Day – http://bit.ly/2A7CaN2
Insook Baik knows what it’s like to go to bed hungry.
She grew up in South Korea during the Korean War, she said, and her family didn’t always have enough to eat.
But things for her are different now.
For about eight years, Baik has bought enough food to serve hundreds of free meals at the store each Thanksgiving Day.
Baik, petite and soft-spoken, said she wants to give back, and she wants to feed people. She said she cares about the neighborhood.
“She’s fallen in love with the community here. It’s one of the few places where people will give their last dollar to each other,” said Baik’s son, Peter, who is visiting from California. “I think that pulls at her heartstrings.”
Baik expected they would serve at least 600 people at the convenience store Thursday afternoon. Last year, she said, they gave out about 620 meals.
The day before, she had picked up turkey for the Thanksgiving Day meals and as she drove with her car full of food, she said, “I cried, ‘Thank you God.’ I was hungry all the time and now I can serve.”
Bonus Cat Video
- Tunguska event – Wikipedia http://bit.ly/2zTS4ve
- Why Justice League Failed – YouTube http://bit.ly/2AKfa7f
- Televangelists: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) – YouTube http://bit.ly/2AKWjJh
- Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War Official Trailer – YouTube http://bit.ly/2ALE0DZ
- Ironman MK45 | MSI PRO MOD – YouTube http://bit.ly/2AKi9wO
- Binging with Babish: The Garbage Plate from The Place Beyond The Pines (sort of) – YouTube http://bit.ly/2ALmtMe
- How To Design A Comic Book Page – YouTube http://bit.ly/2AKIVVG
- Doctor Who: Tom Baker returns on camera for 1979 Shada serial – BBC News http://bbc.in/2j6kqrr
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher!
- Twitter: @4Wrath
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Waiting4Wrath
- Web: Waiting4Wrath.com
- Patreon: http://bit.ly/2bniAMj
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/wrathTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/1VEhtx2
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/wrathStitch
- Donate to WyoAIDS.org
- Voicemail: (513) 760–0463
Oh, man! There SO needs to be a pop song called “Second Hand Sex Doll.” I was thinking it needs to done by a real pop star so it can be played on the radio and everything, but then I realized that I don’t even know who’s a pop star anymore. Miley Cyrus? Lady Gaga? Is Justin Timberlake still alive? Maybe Justin Bieber could do it in a last ditch grab to get his “edge” back.
“Gas station cheese?” No wonder.
I would listen to Secobf Hand Sex Dolls… Or at least make that shirt!
And yeah… I think I’ve heard those names… Lady Gaga is the meat dress lady right?
Also, we — as Canadians — have already apologized for Justine Beiber… The will be no wedding on my watch!
Also, had station cheese is totally their new hit single… And the best kind of cheese. It’s got a lot going for itself!
Comments are closed.