In This Week’s Show, Episode167, I forget to write an intro because we were recording the 15th episode of 4 More Beers – Available now at Patreon.com/w4w
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while ERESHKIGAL, underworld goddess of death, darkness, and dust hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying her patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson
This week I learned that only a fool would buy furniture from IKEA. Instead of going online and downloading the instructions and keep emailing the service department to say that you’re missing a piece, until they ship you all the pieces over a six month period.
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Founders Centennial IPA | Founders Brewing Company
By Heeby Jeebus
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2BZocNW
- BA Rating: 4.13/5
- Style: IPA
- ABV: 7.2%
- Aaron: 3
- Zack: 9 Founders Brewery Backwoods Bastard Barrel aged
- Shea: 4
- Steve: 7
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
New Patreon Shelly!
Just found W4W
Very funny, definitely brings me out of a bad mood. I really love listening to their senses of humor!!!
HL1 – Tide Pod People – http://wapo.st/2EUHL84
Teens are daring each other to eat Tide pods.
- First, it was the “gallon challenge” and the “cinnamon challenge.”Then some teenagers started playing the “bath-salt challenge.”They have dared each other to pour salt in their hands and hold ice till it burns, douse themselves in rubbing alcohol and set themselves ablaze, and throw boiling water on unsuspecting peers. Now videos circulating on social media are showing kids biting into brightly colored liquid laundry detergent packets. Or cooking them in frying pans, then chewing them up before spewing the soap from their mouths.
- As most would expect the game, dubbed the “Tide pod challenge,” is dangerous.
- It’s not certain how the fad got started. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a warning to parents several years ago about the liquid laundry detergent packets. The agency said the capsules — which are colorful, squishy and smell good — are attractive to young children but contain “highly concentrated, toxic detergent” that can cause harm.
- In 2015, the Onion published a satirical op-ed from the perspective of a toddler who wanted to eat them. At some point, the pods became alluring to older children. Last year, College Humor published a video titled “Don’t Eat the Laundry Pods. (Seriously. They’re Poison.).” It showed a college student researching the dangers associated with exposure to the packets, then devouring them. He ended up on an ambulance stretcher.
HL2 – Don’t Go To Jersey, Reason #125 – http://bit.ly/2ESxNUH
Town in New Jersey to fine nonresidents for driving through town
- Beginning next week, driving through a New Jersey town could cost up to $200 as the jurisdiction tries to prohibit drivers from using apps like Waze and Google Maps to help drivers get around traffic.
- Leonia, New Jersey sits just west of New York City and near the entrance of the George Washington Bridge leading to Manhattan and the Bronx. Because of the effect of apps rerouting commuters through the town, it adopted an ordinance in November that effectively bans nonresidents from driving through the town. The prohibition of the town’s roads is from 6 to 10 a.m. and 4 to 9 p.m. on weekdays.
- n order to access roads, the driver must prove they are a resident of the street, needing access to their home, or can demonstrate or document a need to access a residence on the street or parts of streets as described.
- “This plan gives enormous power to police officers. People who are traveling safely down the street should not be subject to law enforcement. It’s intrusive,” Jeanne LoCicero, deputy legal director of the ACLU-NJ, told NJ.com. “It’s hard to imagine that Leonia could enforce this in a way that didn’t discriminate.”
- “We have a lot of vehicles that leave the highway to the bridge and use Leonia as a bypass or to cut through up to Fort Lee,” Police Chief Thomas Rowe told NJ.com. “This is a public safety issue.” Rowe blamed the influx of traffic-avoiding apps, which has caused traffic within town to snarl.
HL3 – Bruce Wayne, Fatman… – http://bit.ly/2mR0qtQ
Bruce Wayne enjoys his 426th day of explosive poops
- Chipotle Mexican Grill recognized today one of its biggest fans, a Tiffin, Ohio man named Bruce Wayne who has spent the past 426 days enjoying at least one entrée per day from his local Chipotle.
- Chipotle commemorated the milestone by presenting Wayne with a custom-made Chipotle superhero cape and cufflinks – a nod to his love of both Batman and burritos. Chipotle will also reinvest his dollars spent over the course of his journey in a monetary donation to a nonprofit of his choice.
- “Day after day we’re committed to serving our customers the most delicious, real ingredients we can find and it’s great to see a customer like Bruce is as committed to us as we are to him,” said Chris Arnold, communications director at Chipotle. “While this might not be everybody’s New Year’s Resolution for 2018, it certainly shows that our menu of real and fresh ingredients offers something for everyone – even superheroes.”
- Though Chipotle vehemently denies that their food causes rectal bleeding we all know what one day of mexican food does to your body, let alone 426…
This Week’s Stories
- His article: http://bit.ly/2EVk8w6
1-800 Don’t Die In The Flood
Turkish Scientist: Noah Called His Son on a Cell Phone Before Boarding the Ark – http://bit.ly/2DiADFm
- Yavuz Örnek is a lecturer at Istanbul University, and he recently told TRT 1 (a state-run channel) that Noah was able to warn his son about the Great Flood before it hit… by calling him up on a cell phone.
- “There were huge 300 to 400-meter high waves and his [the Prophet Noah’s] son was many kilometers away. The Quran says Noah spoke with his son. But how did they manage to communicate? Was it a miracle? It could be. But we believe he communicated with his son via cell phone,” Örnek said.
- He also claimed that Noah himself built the ship made of steel plates and this ship used nuclear energy.
- “I am a scientist, I speak for science” Örnek added.
Tip Your Bartenders! – http://bit.ly/2mynoG6 & http://bit.ly/2mAWldr
- Marc and Rusty Andrus assert in their lawsuit that the town of Thayne has violated their constitutional rights to equal protection under the law and due process.
- The couple, Marc and Rusty Andrus, bought Rustlers Restaurant and Saloon in 2015 and have spent thousands of dollars on renovations. But when the couple says when they applied for a liquor license, the Thayne town council began systematically discriminating against the gay couple, at one point arbitrarily inflating the couple’s liquor license fee from $1,500 to $10,500. Other restaurants in Thayne not owned by LGBT people do not receive the same kind of treatment, the couple says.
- Thayne, population 366, is about an hour east of Idaho Falls and 30 minutes south of Jackson, Wyoming, and is a deeply Mormon community in the Star Valley. According to the Church of Latter Day Saints, church members settled the Star Valley area in 1877. The following year, church president Brigham Young dedicated the spot as a gathering place for members.
- “Plaintiffs were subjected to verbal accusations and hostility from multiple members of the Town Council. Defendant Council Members Joe Heward and Lorell Woolley repeatedly and very publicly accused Plaintiffs of being deceitful without any basis for such accusations whatsoever,” according to the complaint.
Next Week’s Beer
Rahr & Sons USS Fort Worth – American Session Ale
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2DoEA8y
- RB Rating: 31
- Style: American Pale Ale
- ABV: 4.5%
Faith In Humanity Restored
A Harlem-based social activist by the name of Frederick Joseph has made it his business to take 300 underprivileged children from The Boys and Girls Club of Harlem to see the Black Panther.
Via his GoFundMe page, which sought to raise $10,000 for the cause, Joseph says, “The release of Marvel’s film the ‘Black Panther’ is a rare opportunity for young students (primarily of color) to see a black major cinematic and comic book character come to life. This representation is truly fundamental for young people, especially those who are often underserved, unprivileged, and marginalized both nationally and globally.”
He goes on to explain that the lofty goal of the fundraiser will cover the cost of the private screening at Harlem’s Magic Johnson theater, refreshments and chaperons. All donors will receive a copy of the receipts verifying the expenditures, and any left over money will be donated directly to the organization.
Thanks to the power of social media, Joseph has now exceeded his $10,000 goal and is nearing the $13,000 mark, as of this writing.
Bonus Cat Video
Bruce Lee Lightsabers Scene Recreation – YouTube
TOMB RAIDER – Official Trailer #2 – YouTube
See 130 Years of National Geographic Covers in Under 2 Minutes | National Geographic – YouTube
Adam Savage’s One Day Builds: Custom NERF Rifle – YouTube
Altered Carbon | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix – YouTube
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher!
- Twitter: @4Wrath
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Waiting4Wrath
- Web: Waiting4Wrath.com
- Patreon: http://bit.ly/2bniAMj
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/wrathTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/1VEhtx2
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/wrathStitch
- Donate to WyoAIDS.org
- Voicemail: (513) 760–0463