In This Week’s Show, episode 86, Tennessee’s Tramps trample Al’Taayb’s tits with Trumps Texas Trouser Tech.
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Xipe Totec hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying his patience!
Jim’s Good Gay News
6/26/16National Equality Day
Jenn’s Actual Lesson
In honor of the 4th of July this weekend, today’s fun fact is a quote from (non-Christian) founding father John Adams:
We should begin by setting conscience free. When all men of all religions … shall enjoy equal liberty, property, and an equal chance for honors and power … we may expect that improvements will be made in the human character and the state of society.
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Delirium Tremens | Brouwerij Huyghe
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/28SkUzx
- BA Rating: 91
- Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale
- ABV: 8.5%
- Aaron: 9
- Jenn: 5
- Shea: i gave it a 9 last week onthink
- Steve: 4
- Jim: 5
- Jew Jew (Ashley’s BFF): 10
Round Table Discussion
No new iTunes reviews or patrons which is super sad. If you want to leave us an iTunes review we’d truly appreciate it. Better still you could get yourself some extra wrath each week at Patreon.com/W4W!
Shea is gone, gone, gone to Boston for a while.
A very special congratulations to Rebecca & Dave for their 9th anniversary! Here’s to many more years together … and I suppose with Dave too
Unrelated, I’m totally working on that RSS/email request ~A
Felisha from Utah Outcasts Podcast:
Full audio available here: http://bit.ly/299gFik
We appreciate the feedback and the enunciation! Google Voice got like, 99% of the message right. Steve and Aaron were both very impressed.
Holy emissary of the Divine Napkin, Gerge Takei
“If this is your God, he’s not very impressive. He has so many psychological problems; he’s so insecure. He demands worship every seven days. He goes out and creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes. He’s a pretty poor excuse for a Supreme Being.”
— Spock, The God Thing: Gene Roddenberry’s Lost Star Trek Novel rejected by Paramount in 1975.
If you want to kick as much ass as these fine folks you can leave us your own drunk dial at: (513) 760–0463
- Tramps Against Trump Send Nudes To Voters – http://bit.ly/299haJA
The Tramps against Trump will send you boobs for voting! Did I mention we have an email address too?
- Logic to prevail over Islam? – http://bit.ly/299hyHQ
Apparently, the fact that atheists are reasonable and use sensible arguments as well as human rights groups who treat those who leave Islam with dignity are undermining Islam and it’s adherents.
- America isn’t white enough – http://bit.ly/294xQPc
Fuck. This. Bigot. Fuck.
This Week’s Stories
Utah, which declared X-rated films a ‘public health crisis,’ gets its first porn-seeking dog – http://nydn.us/28Z9pCv
- The 16-month-old K–9, named “URL” but pronounced “Earl,” was rescued from a shelter as a puppy and went through half a year of training in Indiana to search for porn.
- URL’s highly sensitive nose has been trained to sniff out chemical compounds found in thumb drives, phones, SIM cards, SD cards, hard drives, tablets and iPads, the Weber County Sheriff’s office said in a statement.
- URL learned from the same trainer as “Bear,” the pup who busted ex-Subway pitchman and convicted sex offender Jared Fogle, after sniffing out a hidden thumb drive packed with child pornography.
Dozens of Ignorant Fire-Walkers Injured at Tony Robbins Seminar – http://bit.ly/28ZajPc
- Dozens of people were injured last night at a Tony Robbins motivation seminar in Dallas — and five of them were hospitalized — after burning themselves during the fire-walking portion of the event
- Seminar participants walk over a bed of hot coals. If you can do that, the idea goes, you can do anything.
- But fire-walking is just an illusion.
- In other words, you shouldn’t stop to take selfies, as some participants reportedly did.
- This isn’t the first time people have been hurt during the fire-walking segment of a Robbins seminar. In 2012, 21 attendees were injured. Clearly, people haven’t learned their lesson.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg Abortion Opinion Us – http://huff.to/299iThL
TX and other Southern states are probably in the midst of losing their goddamn minds. The Supreme Court ruled as of recording today that H.B. 2 Texas law was unconstitutional.
The 2013 Texas law that the court struck down would have required all abortions to take place in ambulatory surgical centers, or mini-hospitals, instead of regular clinics.
Ginsburg kept her argument simple: Abortions are statistically safer than many simpler medical procedures, including tonsillectomies, colonoscopies, in-office dental surgery and childbirth — but Texas does not subject those procedures to the same onerous requirements.
Given those realities, it is beyond rational belief that H.B. 2 could genuinely protect the health of women, and certain that the law ‘would simply make it more difficult for them to obtain abortions,’ Ginsburg wrote. “When a State severely limits access to safe and legal procedures, women in desperate circumstances may resort to unlicensed rogue practitioners … at great risk to their health and safety.
She goes on:
So long as this Court adheres to Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pa. v. Casey, Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers laws like H.B. 2 that ‘do little or nothing for health, but rather strew impediments to abortion,’ cannot survive judicial inspection.
The Texas abortion law has already shut down about half of the 42 clinics that operated across the state in 2013 before it went into effect, leaving large swaths of rural Texas without any abortion provider. Women without access to safe and legal abortion in the state have already started to buy abortion pills from Mexico and take matters into their own hands.
Enjoy an awesome decision from an awesome lady, by coloring her in! Ruth Gator Ginsberg Coloring Book – http://bzfd.it/299jqQO
Next Week’s Beer
11th Hour IPA | Crow Peak Brewing
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/294zm3S
- BA Rating: 80
- Style: American IPA
- ABV: 6.50%
Faith In Humanity Restored
Kids Who Don’t Have Beds Get Sleepover at Cowboys Stadium, Take Home 100 Twin Sets – http://bit.ly/299klAI
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes or Stitcher!
- Twitter: @4Wrath
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Waiting4Wrath
- Web: Waiting4Wrath.com
- Patreon: http://Patreon.com/W4W
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/wrathTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/1VEhtx2
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/wrathStitch
- Voicemail: (513) 760–0463
Bonus Cat Video
Suggestion from the homo, badass granny stand up comic: http://bit.ly/299jUq8